Miss Imperial is now a done deal.
Here are the entries
you might have missed over the past year.
Thanks for checking in, and if you're still looking for me,
try The Memory Aid.

09 June 2007

"A new day; a new way."

In the Living Room, Toronto, ON, 18-May-07

"I knew
I should see it along."

Things I saw at a lifestyle store this afternoon:

A chair that fell apart, then slowly put itself back together.

In the end it isn't the chair that is moving (excuse the pun); it's really about the intended message. It may seem like an overstatement to claim that a robotic chair represents "the individual and a society over the course of a lifetime falling apart, falling down, gathering oneself together, and picking oneself up," but it's difficult to deny that the statement is encouraging and inspiring. This science made me feel something, and so I feel that this science is art.


TRACK LISTING: Crosby, Stills & Nash, "Carry On"

[NOTE: When figuring out which song would accompany this entry, I came across "Carry On," a piece I'd never heard before despite listening to a LOT of classic rock throughout my life. As I debated whether or not to use this track, it began playing on the radio, so of course I took that as a good sign, not to mention some CRAZY psychic frequency.]

No comments: