Miss Imperial is now a done deal.
Here are the entries
you might have missed over the past year.
Thanks for checking in, and if you're still looking for me,
try The Memory Aid.

03 July 2007

"Yeah man, how you doin'?"

River of Lights, Albuquerque, NM, 26-Dec-06

"You good?
I know you like that!"

Things I saw online today:

Conan with an awesomely smarmy sidekick!

Sure, this isn't the funniest "In the Year 2000" ever, and maybe Will Arnett isn't the best co-host that Conan has had for this series -- and honestly, sometimes it's more enjoyable to watch an episode of "Celebrity Secrets" -- but...man. I turned the sound on at the office just to hear this clip, then realized as it rolled that I could have left the speakers muted and still found it hilarious. It's all in Arnett's face! Even when he's trying not to crack up! (Okay, fine, so it's a little in Conan's reactions, too. They work well together! Who needs Andy Richter? (Um, sorry, Andy Richter! You're good, too!) Okay, moving on.)

"I think I have the lock on this teenage asshole thing," James Spader remarked decades ago*; it's clear now that Will Arnett totally owns the adult version. (And thus, Miguel Ferrer can safely ease into the role of middle-aged asshole.)

Nice to see you again, G.O.B.!


TRACK LISTING: Mase, "Welcome Back"

*Thank you, Pretty in Pink DVD extras!

No comments: