Miss Imperial is now a done deal.
Here are the entries
you might have missed over the past year.
Thanks for checking in, and if you're still looking for me,
try The Memory Aid.

30 August 2007

"A circumstance beyond our control."

Outside the Brite Spot, Los Angeles, CA, 13-Mar-06

"The phone, the TV,
and the news of the world."

Things I saw online today, courtesy of Radar:

Where have I been these last two years?

Well, okay, CLEARLY not keeping up with news on Bret Easton Ellis, which, you know, whatever. I think I made it halfway through Lunar Park and only managed to slough through a chapter of Glamorama before giving up on those books (and possibly BEE himself). But I've always had a soft spot for The Informers and read enough entertainment reports that I'm surprised I haven't heard of this adaptation before.

Granted, it's still very much in the works and may go through as many production tugs-of-war as the American Psycho movie. Yet in the end, that film turned out alright, didn't it? I mean, I didn't find it as funny as the book (wow, I REALLY must have repressed the memory of those torture-and-murder passages, or else I was totally blinded by the more clever and witty moments), but the film certainly opened my eyes to the Wonder of Bale, and for that I offer a tip of the hat. Perhaps The Informers will make me a fan of Brandon Routh or something.

If, at least, the film version of The Informers has an opening sequence as well-scored as that of Less than Zero, I'm sure I'll be fond of it. I can't deny that Less than Zero as a whole isn't particularly great, but seriously, I based my entire dancing style on Robert Downey Jr's moves in that party scene. (Haha, I know, which party scene, right?) God, I love that man.

And to think, yesterday I was all ready to hate the Eighties and shit!


TRACK LISTING: The Pretenders, "Back on the Chain Gang"

[NOTE: I'm using this song because I believe it's referenced in one of The Informers' stories. I suppose "Informer" would have worked as well. ha]

1 comment:

AGF said...

Christ, I love Robert Downey, Jr. That scene in Wonder Boys, when he's in bed with a fucked up Spiderman? So subtle, so good.