Miss Imperial is now a done deal.
Here are the entries
you might have missed over the past year.
Thanks for checking in, and if you're still looking for me,
try The Memory Aid.

28 February 2007

"News on the radio."

Cupcake in the Kitchen, Toronto, ON, 28-Feb-07

"Happy birthday!
Happy birthday!
Happy birthday!"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE WORLD!
(I may have had too much red wine.)


TRACK LISTING: Concrete Blonde, "Happy Birthday"

[NOTE: Since I was a teenager, this has been one of my favourite songs, and certainly my favourite song about a birthday. In my twenties I danced to it every Monday night at a local club -- a fond memory to this day. I bonded with a friend over a mutual love for Johnette Napolitano, so I was kind of thrilled to learn that JN wrote this song about spending her thirtieth birthday in a hotel room during a band tour, because that is how I spent my thirtieth birthday as well.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nirm - I was just about to email you - Happy Day. I hope you got to have some cake - KKP

Nirmala Basnayake said...

Thanks, Kylie! That's a photo of one of the cupcakes Ted brought home for me yesterday, and there was also cake at work!