Miss Imperial is now a done deal.
Here are the entries
you might have missed over the past year.
Thanks for checking in, and if you're still looking for me,
try The Memory Aid.

15 March 2007

"I'd met her before somewhere."

The Kitchen at Studio E, Edmonton, AB, 30-Oct-05

"I knew the face."

I left a message on Sophia's voicemail this evening.

"Soph! I JUST SAW ANNE TOSKY! I didn't stop and say hi or anything, but she looked great! Her hair is still dark, but now it's cut in a really nice bob, and she was wearing this pretty, white, trench-like winter coat. She looked like a career woman! She didn't look anything like I remember, but I guess that figures, because the last time I saw her she had teased bangs and was wearing biker shorts. YOU know."

After I hung up, I regretted not saying hello to Anne. I mean, we weren't very close in junior high, but we knew each other and weren't enemies in any way. Here's someone I hadn't seen in over fifteen years, yet I recognized her immediately as I rushed to the subway. Surely I could have missed a train or two in the interest of catching up quickly, no?


TRACK LISTING: Stiff Little Fingers, "She Grew Up"

[NOTE: Isn't the Internet great for catching up with someone without actually speaking to the person in question? It's nice to see that Anne is still a runner, but I must say that Googling never felt more like stalking than it did when looking for Anne's information a few minutes ago.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne Tosky holy crap now there's a name from the past. I remember her from Loeb in the Ham where I grew up. Didn't know her all that well either but I did know that she was a really genuine and wonderful person. Found her on facebook if you're interested in getting in touch, try her there. Apparently she works for Deloitte

Nirmala Basnayake said...

Deloitte -- that explains the career-woman garb. But are you trying to start some Coalition to Add [me] to Facebook campaign? I'm not Brad De Haan, you know!