Miss Imperial is now a done deal.
Here are the entries
you might have missed over the past year.
Thanks for checking in, and if you're still looking for me,
try The Memory Aid.

09 April 2007

"I wait, anxiously, alone by the phone."

On Adelaide Street, Toronto, ON, 06-Apr-07

"How could something
so wrong be so right?"

Things I saw while having lunch with my husband and my mother:

Two older women sitting at the table in front of us, dressed like modest hippies and drinking large, frothy, cups of coffee. One of the women is studying a photocopy of a roughly sketched pie chart; the heading, in thick black lettering, proclaims, "What's Missing from The Secret."

In one of the chart's wedges I can read the word "karma", but can't make out what is written around it. I can see the other woman's face; her eyes light up.

"It's the secret about The Secret!" she exclaims, and taps the top of the paper with her spoon.


TRACK LISTING: Atlantic Starr, "Secret Lovers"

No comments: