Miss Imperial is now a done deal.
Here are the entries
you might have missed over the past year.
Thanks for checking in, and if you're still looking for me,
try The Memory Aid.

23 August 2007

"They know what they want and you know what to give them!"

In the Bedroom, Toronto, ON, 27-Aug-07

"No excuses!
Don't refuse this!"

Things I saw online today:

The trailer for Be Kind, Rewind!

Jay told me about this film a couple of days ago, which was the first I'd ever heard of it. How is that possible? I finally searched for information on the movie today and am thrilled to report that he wasn't teasing!

Sure, I'm a little wary of Jack Black at times (relying a lot on his schtick, you know), but I enjoy him more often than not. Besides I'm more than happy to watch Mos Def in anything, really. The high, super-high concept is reminiscent of the fantastic Good Bye, Lenin!, what with the pacifying of a beloved older woman with labour-intensive fakery, yet I suppose that's neither here nor there so forget I mentioned it.

Honestly, I don't care if it's a stolen idea; Michel Gondry has a track record of making things fun*, so I trust him. Anyway, as Jay pointed out, there's a sweetness to the film that is quite appealing. I'm ready for it!

It's nice to be excited about a Coming Soon to a Theater Near You, isn't it?



TRACK LISTING: Cylob, "Rewind!"

*With the possible exception of Human Nature? I've never seen it, so I can't say for certain.

[NOTE: In the photo above, the tapes being held by my husband are copies of Proof and some Monty Python thing (haha).]

No comments: